Everyone deserves a lunch they look forward to all morning. For me, it’s this chicken salad.
What makes it so crave-worthy is that it’s a little sweet, savory, crunchy, spicy and salty all at the same time. Every bite has a little something for everyone. It’s so flavorful that you can eat it on its own, which can’t always be said for chicken salad – although it is also great on top of a toasted piece of sourdough bread.
This recipe is also fantastic for making on the weekend and eating throughout the week, or for using up cooked chicken. It makes about four substantial servings, so halve the recipe if you’re not a creature of habit when it comes to food.
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, adjusting the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.